To be qualified as a member representative at Borsa İstanbul Equity Market and Debt Securities Market, one has to attend the training programs organized by Borsa İstanbul and pass the examinations conducted.
The participants willing to attend these trainings should:
- be working for an intermediary institution entitled to trade on the Equity Market,
- have completed a 4-year undergraduate program,
- have turned the age of 21, and
- be a citizen of the Republic of Turkey.
To be a member representative at the Equity Market, the candidates should:
- successfully complete the Equity Market Member Representative Assistant Training Program, or satisfy any of the exemption requirements listed in the application guide,
- successfully complete the Equity Market Computerized Trading System Applied Training Program,
- attend the 4-hour Equity Market Free Work Program organized by Borsa İstanbul Equity Market Department.
The Equity Market member representatives are also entitled to operate as member representatives in the Emerging Companies Market.
To be a member representative at the Debt Securities Market, the candidates should:
- successfully complete the Debt Securities Market Member Representative Training Program, or satisfy any of the exemption requirements listed in the application guide,
- successfully complete the Debt Securities Market Computerized Trading System Applied Training Program.
Borsa İstanbul organizes training programs for the employees of companies whose stocks are traded on the market bi-annually in June and December.
|Headings of subjects included in the program|
|Capital markets: overview and background|
|Borsa İstanbul: operation and legislation|
|Capital markets legislation|
|Public offering and listing|
|Borsa İstanbul Equity Market|
|Borsa İstanbul Indices|
|Borsa İstanbul Debt Securities Market|
|Settlement and custody transactions|
|Ethical values, company value and observing investors' benefit|
Borsa İstanbul Practical Student Training Program admits senior students of certain departments of Turkish and foreign universities as well as those studying towards a master's or Ph. D degree. In the summer, students who have just completed their senior year (provided no more than 6 months has elapsed since their graduation) may be admitted to the program.
The 2-week program is realized as 23-terms in a year. Applications are made over the Internet in early December for the first six months of the following year and in early June for the second six months of the same year.
“Borsa İstanbul Practical Student Training Program (PSTP)” is not accepted for compulsory internship.