Derivatives Market (VIOP) is the market where derivatives contracts are traded on single stock, index, foreign currency, energy, commodities, precious metals, foreign index, metal and TLREF. By creating a transparent and secure investment environment for domestic and foreign investors, VIOP provides investors with opportunities such as hedging, portfolio diversification, leverage effect, effective price formation and access to high liquidity. The important dates for VIOP are as follows:
- August 15, 2001, USD-TL futures contracts were opened at ISE (former Borsa Istanbul).
- February 4, 2005, Futures and Options Exchange were founded at Izmir.
- December 21, 2012, Derivatives Market (VIOP) started operations at ISE.
- 5 August 2013, Futures and Options Exchange and Borsa Istanbul VIOP platforms merged. All futures and options began trading on the VIOP in Turkey.
- March 3, 2014, Istanbul Settlement and Custody Bank Inc. started to service as Central Counterparty in VIOP.
- 6 March 2017, BISTECH System became operational within the framework of the strategic partnership agreement signed between Borsa Istanbul and NASDAQ OMX.
- November 09, 2018, Strategy Contracts (XU030, USDTRY, XAUUSD) started trading.
- May 24, 2019, Flexible options started trading.
- August 02, 2019, TLREF futures started trading.
- January 17, 2020, After Hours Session (Evening Session) opened to trading.
- July 27, 2020, According to the "Removal of two Zeros from Equity Indexes" Project, the features of the index futures and options contracts that are traded at Derivatives Market were changed.
- September 18, 2020, Flexible futures were opened. USD/Ounce Gold Futures started trading at After Hours Session (Evening Session).
The underlyings and the contracts traded on these underlyings are shown at below scheme.