Derivatives Market (VIOP) is the market where derivatives contracts are traded on single stock, index, foreign currency, energy, commodities, precious metals, foreign index, metal, TLREF and government bond. By creating a transparent and secure investment environment for domestic and foreign investors, Derivetives Market (VIOP) provides investors with opportunities such as hedging, portfolio diversification, leverage effect, effective price formation and access to high liquidity. The important dates for VIOP are as follows:
- August 15, 2001, USD-TL futures contracts were launched at ISE (formerly Borsa Istanbul).
- February 4, 2005, Futures and Options Exchange were founded based in Izmir.
- December 21, 2012, Derivatives Market (VIOP) started operations at ISE.
- 5 August 2013, Futures and Options Exchange and Borsa Istanbul VIOP platforms merged. All futures and options began trading on Borsa İstanbul Derivatives Market (VIOP) in Türkiye.
- March 3, 2014, Istanbul Settlement and Custody Bank Inc. started to service as Central Counterparty (CCP) in VIOP.
- 6 March 2017, BISTECH System became operational within the framework of the strategic partnership agreement signed between Borsa Istanbul and NASDAQ OMX.
- November 09, 2018, Strategy Contracts (XU030, USDTRY, XAUUSD) were launched.
- May 24, 2019, Flexible Options were launched.
- August 02, 2019, TLREF Futures were launched.
- January 17, 2020, After Hours Session (Evening Session) was started.
- July 27, 2020, According to the "Removal of two Zeros from Equity Indexes" Project, the features of the index futures and options contracts that are traded at Derivatives Market were changed.
- September 18, 2020, Flexible futures were launched. USD/Ounce Gold Futures began trading at After Hours Session (Evening Session).
- January 15, 2021, USD/Ounce Silver Futures were launched.
- September 17, 2021, USD/Ounce Palladium and Platinum Futures were launched.
- October 22, 2021, Physically Delivered USDTRY Futures and Options were launched.
- March 15, 2022, Physically Delivered Government Bond Futures were launched.
- September 23, 2022, An opening session using the single price method before the normal session in Derivatives Market (VIOP) were launched and the end of Normal Session of single stock futures and option contracts, which are currently 18:10 on normal business days and 12:40 on half business days, were aligned with other contracts and set as 18:15 and 12:45 respectively.
- January 13, 2023, BIST Sustainability 25 Futures were launched.
The underlyings and the contracts traded on these underlyings are shown at below scheme.